The Mashburn Family is a southern American family with English roots going back to the 1500’s. Edward Mashborne, our common ancestor, came to America about 1698. He was raised by his stepmother, Elizabeth Nash Mashborne Lloyd, who was married (2) to Edward Lloyd of coffeehouse fame. Elizabeth may be the woman in the picture below.
The Mashburn Genealogy Archives has several components of interest to the Mashburn/Marshburn/Mashburne family researcher.
- Top Menu – links to off-site genealogy resources.
- Lower Menu – links to various topics hosted on this site.
- The MGA Facebook Group – serves as our guestbook and discussion board.
- The MGA Database (Mashburn Trees) – consist of a number of GEDCOM files submitted by Mashburn researchers. The MGA Database has the ability to display lineage charts, ancestor charts, family groups, family registers, tree charts of varying generations, etc. for each of the GEDCOM file submitted. The data for living people is not displayed.
- We are also connected with the Mashburn-Marshburn DNA Project and encourage all Mashburn males to test for Y-DNA.
Your use of the Mashburn Genealogy Archives indicates that you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service (TOS).